The EU is promising Turkey cash and new talks on membership in return for helping to stem the flow of refugees.
Powered by WPeMatico
- 1 December, 2015 Can Turkey help stop the flow of refugees into Europe? The EU will provide Turkey with cash and other incentives in exchange for help on refugees.Powered by WPeMatico
- 16 October, 2015 EU offers Turkey $3bn and visas to stop refugee flow European leaders say that Turkey's help is crucial for slowing down the stream of refugees onto the continent.Powered by WPeMatico
- 12 November, 2015 Greece says only way to stem migrant flow is through Turkey Greece on Thursday said the only effective way to stem a flow of refugees and migrants to Europe from the Middle East and beyond was through Turkey, one of the first points of arrival for thousands after fleeing their homes. Greek Prime Minister Alexis Tsipras, attending an EU summit in […]
- 9 November, 2015 EU turns to African leaders to stem migrant crisis Having recently pressed Turkey to stem the flow of Syrian refugees, Europe is turning its attention to the other main source of an unprecedented number of people fleeing across the Mediterranean. The gathering of more than 50 leaders from both continents on Tuesday and Wednesday will see […]
- 8 March, 2016 Refugee crisis: Turkey seeks $3.3bn extra at EU talks Turkish citizens to get visa-free travel to Schengen zone by June in return for cooperation on refugees, officials say.Powered by WPeMatico