Experts predict a billion people will be obese by 2025, but stopping the crisis may take more than a change in diets.
Powered by WPeMatico
- 7 November, 2015 Burundi leaders warned to stop inciting mass violence Global community condemns President Pierre Nkurunziza's government ahead of a deadline for people to hand in their guns.Powered by WPeMatico
- 17 October, 2015 Zimbabwe fails to curb escalating unemployment crisis Despite government intervention to stop employers laying off staff, the number of people without work is growing.Powered by WPeMatico
- 12 November, 2017 U.S. to promote 'universal access' to fossil fuels at climate talks By Valerie Volcovici WASHINGTON (Reuters) - The United States hopes to promote wider use of fossil fuels at a global meeting on climate change next week, a White House official said, reflecting the gaping divide between Washington and the rest of the ...
- 2 February, 2016 Lesotho farmlands dry up as drought worsens Landlocked southern African state declares emergency, with experts predicting food shortage in the coming year.Powered by WPeMatico
- 7 April, 2016 Climate predictions may be wrong, new study finds Study casts doubt on projections that global warming will cause more wet and dry extremes.Powered by WPeMatico