At least four reported dead after vessel with 27 on board capsizes off coast of Vancouver Island in western Canada.
Powered by WPeMatico
- 11 November, 2015 Fourteen dead after migrant boat sinks off Turkish coast: report Fourteen people died and a further 27 were rescued by Turkish authorities after their boat sank on its way to the Greek island of Lesbos, Dogan news agency reported on Wednesday. Tens of thousands of migrants have made the perilous journey from Turkey to Europe in recent months, many of […]
- 1 November, 2015 Six infants drown as migrant boat capsizes off Greek island Eleven migrants including six infants drowned when their boat capsized off the Greek island of Samos, trapping most of them in the cabin, the coast guard said on Sunday. "We recovered 11 drowned bodies, 10 of which were trapped inside the vessel's cabin," a coast guard official said, […]
- 27 November, 2015 Six children drown as refugee boats sink off Turkey Four Afghan children and two sisters, aged four and one, die after two vessels capsize in separate incidents in Aegean.Powered by WPeMatico
- 30 June, 2016 Ten women die in refugee boat accident off Libyan coast Italian coastguards save 107 people on a boat sinking in rough Mediterranean seas off the Libyan coast.
- 3 June, 2016 Hundreds missing off Greece in new migrant sinking Greek rescuers were searching for survivors Friday after a migrant boat sank off the island of Crete, leaving at least nine people dead and hundreds missing. Two helicopters, three ships and a coastguard vessel were searching the waters off the Greek island of Crete where the boat, […]