At least four reported dead after vessel with 27 on board capsizes off coast of Vancouver Island in western Canada.
Powered by WPeMatico
- 11 November, 2015 Fourteen dead after migrant boat sinks off Turkish coast: report Fourteen people died and a further 27 were rescued by Turkish authorities after their boat sank on its way to the Greek island of Lesbos, Dogan news agency reported on Wednesday. Tens of thousands of migrants have made the perilous journey from Turkey to Europe in recent months, many of […]
- 1 November, 2015 Six infants drown as migrant boat capsizes off Greek island Eleven migrants including six infants drowned when their boat capsized off the Greek island of Samos, trapping most of them in the cabin, the coast guard said on Sunday. "We recovered 11 drowned bodies, 10 of which were trapped inside the vessel's cabin," a coast guard official said, […]
- 1 December, 2017 Lobster with Pepsi logo 'tattoo' on its claw caught in Canada A lobster caught in Canada with a Pepsi logo imprinted on its claw is drawing attention to the harmful impact rubbish can have on the ocean, conservationists say. The branded crustacean was trapped by a fishing crew off the Canadian island of Grand Manan, New Brunswick, on 21 November. […]
- 27 November, 2015 Six children drown as refugee boats sink off Turkey Four Afghan children and two sisters, aged four and one, die after two vessels capsize in separate incidents in Aegean.Powered by WPeMatico
- 30 June, 2016 Ten women die in refugee boat accident off Libyan coast Italian coastguards save 107 people on a boat sinking in rough Mediterranean seas off the Libyan coast.