EU and Balkan leaders agree 17-point plan that includes some 100,000 more places for refugees as winter looms.
Powered by WPeMatico
- 26 October, 2015 Greece readies rent assistance plan as migrant numbers grow IDOMENI, Greece (AP) — Greece's government on Monday said it is preparing a rent-assistance program to help the growing number of migrants in the country who are faced with the oncoming winter and mounting resistance against their arrival elsewhere in Europe.Powered by WPeMatico
- 24 October, 2015 EU's Juncker wants decisions on Balkan refugee crisis on Sunday By Madeline Chambers BERLIN (Reuters) - European Commission President Jean-Claude Juncker aims to get a group of EU leaders attending a summit on Sunday to agree short-term steps to tackle the migrant crisis in the western Balkans. As winter approaches, concern is growing for hundreds of […]
- 20 November, 2015 Refugee border controls putting lives 'at risk' Aid agencies warn measures in the Balkans leave stranded families without shelter and could lead to a rise in smuggling.Powered by WPeMatico
- 16 October, 2015 EU offers Turkey $3bn and visas to stop refugee flow European leaders say that Turkey's help is crucial for slowing down the stream of refugees onto the continent.Powered by WPeMatico
- 4 March, 2016 Merkel says Putin is committed to Syria ceasefire European leaders ask president Vladimir Putin to use Russia's influence over Syrian government to abide by the truce.Powered by WPeMatico