Antiguan John Ashe who served a year-long term from September 2013 is accused of taking $1.3m from Chinese businessmen.
Powered by WPeMatico
- 27 October, 2015 Former MK and minister Binyamin Ben-Eliezer to be indicted Attorney General Weinstein announced the indictment Tuesday, following a hearing. Ben Eliezer is accused of charges that include bribery, tax evasion, and fraud.Powered by WPeMatico
- 7 December, 2015 Burkina Faso coup leader charged over Sankara murder General accused of complicity in one of the most high-profile killings in Africa's modern history, Reuters reports.Powered by WPeMatico
- 13 October, 2016 General Assembly appoints Guterres as next UN chief UN General Assembly votes unanimously to appoint Portugal's Antonio Guterres as next secretary-general.
- 21 June, 2016 Croatia dissolves parliament for early vote Snap election likely to be held in early September after 137 deputies in 151-seat assembly back parliament dissolution.
- 18 October, 2013 Saudi Arabia Rejects Seat on U.N. Security Council and Confuses Everyone On Thursday, the 193 countries making up the U.N. General Assembly held a secret ballot to select new members of the Security Council. Each year, the Assembly elects five new countries to serve two-year rotating posts; competition is keen, and countrie...