Cabinet approves use of non-combat soldiers to protect public transportation; temporary checkpoints around East Jerusalem likely.
Powered by WPeMatico
- 1 July, 2015 Second Temple-era ritual bath found under house Couple from Ein Kerem in Jerusalem discovered during renovations that a 2,000-year-old mikveh was right underneath their floors, giving credence to theory that there was a Jewish settlement at the site.
- 7 October, 2015 Palestinian fatally wounded in ongoing Jerusalem, West Bank violence IDF investigating whether man's wounds are result of soldiers' fire or a thrown stone. Israel's government has sent a calming message to Palestinians: Not interested in escalations.Powered by WPeMatico
- 13 October, 2013 Syrian regime holds group wedding for ‘hero’ soldiers Embattled city of Homs site of photo-op wedding for seven soldiers, soul mates, complete with white blossoms, President Assad's portrait. Syrian opposition website describes event as 'Ostentatious wedding ceremony... under shadow of massacres'
- 21 October, 2015 Roadblocks removed in East Jerusalem Security assessemnts lead police to remove roadblocks and checkpoints from certain neighborhoods; everywhere 'quiet is returned, barriers will be removed.'Powered by WPeMatico
- 12 August, 2009 Two Wounded in Terror Attack; Leaders Blame Obama Two Israelis were wounded Weds. night in a shooting 20 miles north of Jerusalem. Local leaders blame US pressure to remove security checkpoints.