We speak to Indian MP Shashi Tharoor, and ask a member of Turkeyâ€™s AK party about Erdogan’s clampdown on the media.
Powered by WPeMatico
- 3 November, 2015 Turkish president urges respect for AK Party's poll win Recep Erdogan hails his party's election victory as a vote for "unity and integrity" as observers raise concerns.Powered by WPeMatico
- 2 November, 2015 How will Turkeyâ€™s president consolidate his power? Despite the AK Party winning a surprise victory in Sunday's poll, Erdogan's ambitions for further power appear thwarted.Powered by WPeMatico
- 31 October, 2015 Campaigning wraps up for critical Turkey vote Opinion polls are predicting a replay Sunday of the shock June election which stripped the Justice and Development Party (AKP) of its majority after 13 years of single-party rule, leaving the country without a government after coalition talks failed. Turkey goes into the election more […]
- 11 October, 2015 Bomb attack deepens divisions as Turkey faces bitter election By Nick Tattersall and Orhan Coskun ISTANBUL/ANKARA (Reuters) - Aside from a carefully worded statement urging unity, President Tayyip Erdogan was unusually quiet after Turkey's worst ever bomb attack. Modern Turkey's most divisive leader has in the past had no hesitation in dominating […]
- 2 November, 2015 Turkey's AK Party wins back majority in snap election Ruling party reverses June election results, securing nearly 50 percent of vote with stronger-than-expected performance.Powered by WPeMatico