BREZICE, Slovenia (AP) — After too many days and nights stuck outside in the rain and cold, tempers are fraying among the tens of thousands of migrants trying to get through the Balkans to the heart of Europe.
Powered by WPeMatico
- 19 October, 2015 Backlog of migrants swells in the Balkans, tempers fray By Aleksandar Vasovic and Marja Novak BERKASOVO, Serbia/LJUBLJANA (Reuters) - The Balkans struggled with a growing backlog of migrants on Monday after Hungary sealed its southern border and Slovenia tried to impose a limit, leaving thousands stranded on cold, rain-drenched borders where […]
- 17 October, 2015 Croatia diverts migrants to Slovenia after Hungary closes border By Aleksandar Vasovic and Marja Novak OPATOVAC, Croatia/LJUBLJANA (Reuters) - Migrants streaming across the Balkans reached Slovenia on Saturday, diverted overnight by the closure of Hungary's border with Croatia in the latest demonstration of Europe's disjointed response to the flow of […]
- 19 October, 2015 Migrant backlog builds in Balkans after new diversion By Aleksandar Vasovic and Marja Novak BERKASOVO, Serbia/LJUBLJANA (Reuters) - Buses packed with migrants backed up on Serbia’s border with Croatia on Sunday, their passage to western Europe slowed by a new diversion through Slovenia, which vowed to limit the influx. Many spent the […]
- 18 October, 2015 Thousands stranded on new migrant route through Europe OPATOVAC, Croatia (AP) — Tension was building among thousands of migrants as they remained stranded in fog and cold weather in the Balkans on Sunday in their quest to reach a better life in Western Europe, a day after Hungary closed its border with Croatia and the flow of people […]
- 27 October, 2017 Trump welcomes children of the press into the White House for Halloween President Trump welcomes some children of the White House Press Corps into the Oval Office