At least 300 arrests since disturbances began; hundreds of Palestinians clash with police; Jewish teen girls suspected of attacking Palestinian with tear gas.
Powered by WPeMatico
- 23 July, 2015 Palestinian killed by IDF fire during arrest operation IDF and Palestinians provide differing account of incident in which 53-year-old was shot dead in West Bank during arrest operation.
- 23 July, 2017 Israeli police officers: Decision to place metal detectors at Temple Mount was careless Public Security Minister Gilad Erdan consulted only the national and Jerusalem district police chiefs, sources say, claiming he failed to follow a 2014 plan on the use of metal detectors
- 22 July, 2017 Between political and legal fears, any sign of leadership in Israel is absent The Israel Police made the assessment that metal detectors were required at the Temple Mount to prevent further deadly attacks there, but it required someone senior to them to see the bigger picture
- 23 July, 2017 Explained: What sparked Temple Mount crisis and where do we go from here Didn't Israeli leaders understand installing metal detectors at the Temple Mount would lead to clashes? Now that Israel understands what trouble the measures are causing, why doesn’t it simply back down?
- 26 July, 2017 U.S. applauds Israel’s decision to remove Temple Mount metal detectors A statement released by the White House said that the U.S. supports Israel in its decision to remove metal detectors and cameras that were installed following last week's deadly attack