Joint List’s Jamal Zahalka scorns PM’s ban on visits by MKs at the flashpoint site; MK Zoabi rejects ‘fascist demand’.
Powered by WPeMatico
- 1 July, 2015 Second Temple-era ritual bath found under house Couple from Ein Kerem in Jerusalem discovered during renovations that a 2,000-year-old mikveh was right underneath their floors, giving credence to theory that there was a Jewish settlement at the site.
- 2 July, 2017 After ban, Israel may soon allow lawmakers to visit Temple Mount again Netanyahu ordered MKs not to visit the contested holy site to reduce tensions after the 2015 terror wave ■ Israel expected to allow visits for five-day trial period
- 27 March, 2017 Netanyahu to gradually permit Israeli politicians to visit Jerusalem’s Temple Mount after Ramadan If security considerations permit it, from the end of June, Jewish and Muslim lawmakers will be allowed to visit the flashpoint site.
- 29 August, 2017 Tibi: We will enter Al-Aqsa whenever we wish Arab MK says Joint List MKs will not ascend Temple Mount today so as not to take part in the 'provocation' arranged by Netanyahu, police.
- 9 July, 2018 Three more Israeli lawmakers visit Temple Mount after Netanyahu lifts ban Yehuda Glick and Shuli Mualem-Refali have visited the holy site in the past despite Netanyahu's restrictions on lawmakers going there