The suit alleges Rohingya are targets of hate crimes amounting to “genocide” fuelled by monks and Thein Sein government.
Powered by WPeMatico
- 11 November, 2015 Myanmar president and army chief congratulate Suu Kyi President Thein Sein said the government would accept the poll results and promised "a peaceful transfer of power".Powered by WPeMatico
- 28 October, 2017 Myanmar detains Turkish media reporters for flying drone over parliament Two foreign journalists working for Turkish state media have been detained for more than 24 hours in Myanmar for flying a drone over a parliament building in the capital, the government said Saturday. The incident comes during high tension between Mya...
- 2 December, 2015 Aung San Suu Kyi holds talks with Myanmar's rulers Pro-democracy leader discusses transfer of power with President Thein Sein and army commander Min Aung Hlaing.Powered by WPeMatico
- 17 November, 2015 Mosques vandalised as US states reject Syria refugees Suspected hate crimes targeting Muslims carried out as anti-Islam rhetoric swells in the US following Paris attacks.Powered by WPeMatico
- 27 January, 2018 Despite clash, Richardson says Suu Kyi remains Myanmar's best hope By Mark Hosenball and Vanessa Johnston LONDON/WASHINGTON (Reuters) - Aung San Suu Kyi remains Myanmar's best hope for change, veteran U.S. mediator Bill Richardson said on Friday, days after he got into a fight with the Nobel laureate and quit an inte...