Alliance says Russia deliberately violated air space, as Kremlin invites Turkish officials to avoid “misunderstandings”.
Powered by WPeMatico
- 6 October, 2015 NATO warns Russia after jet strays into Turkey Alliance calls Russian incursion an "extreme danger" and urges Moscow not to attack Syrian rebels and civilians.Powered by WPeMatico
- 30 November, 2015 At NATO, Turkey remains defiant over Russian jet By Robin Emmott BRUSSELS (Reuters) - Turkey's prime minister dismissed on Monday any suggestion Ankara should apologize for downing a Russian warplane in its airspace last week, after winning strong NATO support for the right to defend itself. Six days after NATO member Turkey shot down […]
- 7 December, 2015 Russia warns NATO against reinforcing Turkish defences Beefing up Turkey's capability may hinder the formation of aninternational coalition against "terrorism", Russia says.Powered by WPeMatico
- 8 July, 2016 NATO leaders discuss perceived Russian threats Alliance to deploy four battalions totalling 3,000 to 4,000 troops in move to secure Baltic states from Russia.
- 25 November, 2015 Turkey and Russia in war of words over downed jet NATO urges a de-escalation in tensions between Ankara and Moscow after Turkey shoots down Russian warplane.Powered by WPeMatico