President Vladimir Putin says warships in the Caspian Sea targeted ISIL in Syria with 26 rockets.
Powered by WPeMatico
- 8 October, 2015 Russia ramps up strikes as Syria army launches offensive Russia dramatically escalated its air war in Syria, unleashing heavy bombardments and cruise missile strikes from the Caspian Sea as cover for a major Syrian army ground offensive. Russian President Vladimir Putin said Moscow had begun synchronising its strikes with the army's ground […]
- 7 March, 2016 Syria war: Civilians die in Aleppo rocket attack More than 70 rockets and mortar shells fired on city's frequently targeted Kurdish residential quarter, reports say.Powered by WPeMatico
- 12 August, 2016 Is Vladimir Putin a dictator? We speak to Putin critic Garry Kasparov, and ask the Philippine president's spokesman about the country's "war on drugs"
- 4 March, 2016 Merkel says Putin is committed to Syria ceasefire European leaders ask president Vladimir Putin to use Russia's influence over Syrian government to abide by the truce.Powered by WPeMatico
- 2 December, 2015 Islamic State video purportedly shows killing of Russian spy: monitoring group A video released online by Islamic State on Wednesday purportedly showed the beheading of a man the group said was a Russian spy its fighters had captured and who had been in Syria and Iraq since last year, the SITE monitoring group reported. The video shows the man sitting in an orange […]