President Zuma announces embargo on fee increases for the 2016 academic year, but protesters view it as a “hollow” win.
Powered by WPeMatico
- 23 October, 2015 Zuma to meet #FeesMustFall leaders as protests continue South African president to discuss tuition fee hikes with university heads and student leaders after violent protests.Powered by WPeMatico
- 24 October, 2015 Is the South African government failing students? South African President Zuma has ruled out increases in university tuition fees for next year, after large protests.Powered by WPeMatico
- 11 February, 2016 South Africa: President Zuma heckled in annual speech Following violent protests, opposition members walk out of president's much-anticipated State of the Nation address.Powered by WPeMatico
- 12 September, 2016 S Africa: Jacob Zuma pays $500,000 over Nkandla row President repays $542,000 of public money spent on upgrades on his private residence, including a swimming pool.
- 1 April, 2016 South Africa: Zuma pledges to repay Nkandla house costs President claims he did not act dishonestly but admits conduct during scandal was "inconsistent" with the constitution.Powered by WPeMatico