Powered by WPeMatico
- 2 October, 2015 Russia defends its military action in Syria MOSCOW (AP) — Russian jets carried out a second day of airstrikes in Syria Thursday, and Sen. John McCain said that the targets included U.S.-backed rebels, as concerns grew about a conflict that has now drawn in warplanes from the world's two most powerful militaries.Powered by WPeMatico
- 7 December, 2015 Biden presses Russia on Ukraine peace deal, return of Crimea US Vice President Joe Biden said Monday that Washington remained determined to see Russia adhere to a shaky Ukrainian peace agreement and hand back Crimea to Kiev. Biden's visit is his fourth to Kiev since Russia annexed Ukraine's Black Sea peninsula in March 2014 and then watched with […]
- 25 November, 2015 Reality check for Putin after Turkey shoots down plane President Vladimir Putin has found himself in a bind after the downing of a Russian warplane by Turkey, which highlights the risks of his gung-ho Syria campaign and the difficulty of forging consensus on the war-torn country's future. The dramatic escalation in tensions between Russia […]
- 15 August, 2015 Russian, Iranian foreign ministers to discuss nuclear plan, Syria Russian foreign minister Sergei Lavrov and his Iranian counterpart Mohammad Javad Zarif will meet on Monday to discuss the Iranian nuclear program and peace efforts in Syria, Russia's foreign ministry said on Saturday. The ministry said in a statement that the meeting would take place […]
- 27 August, 2016 Russia: Moscow warehouse fire kills 17 Kyrgyz workers Emergency services were able to rescue 12 people from the burning building.