Powered by WPeMatico
- 30 October, 2015 Latest migrant tragedy in Aegean highlights EU divisions LESBOS, Greece (AP) — Drowned babies and toddlers washed onto Greece's famed Aegean Sea beaches, and a grim-faced diver pulled a drowned mother and child from a half-sunk boat that was decrepit long before it sailed. On shore, bereaved women wailed and stunned-looking fathers […]
- 29 October, 2015 The Latest: 2 more migrants dead on Greek island of Lesbos LESBOS, Greece (AP) — The latest in the odyssey of hundreds of thousands of people trekking across Europe in search of a new life: All times local.Powered by WPeMatico
- 4 September, 2015 Europe asylum laws face scrutiny in migrant crisis Europe is facing its biggest refugee crisis since World War II, but the response by the 28-member European Union is hamstrung by a web of complicated rules governing asylum seekers. Designed to reassure Europeans worried over any massive influx of immi...
- 5 November, 2015 Tsipras, visiting Lesbos, says Greece cannot cope with refugees Greece's prime minister conceded on Thursday that the country was unable to cope with the thousands of migrants arriving daily on its shores, just days after saying that he was shamed by Europe's handling of the crisis. Alexis Tsipras was visiting Lesbos the Greek island which has […]
- 14 November, 2015 Holder of Syrian passport found near Paris gunman crossed Greece The holder of a Syrian passport found near the body of one of the gunmen who died in Friday night's attacks in Paris passed through Greece in October, a Greek minister said, and another suspected attacker was thought to have entered Europe the same way. "The holder of the passport passed […]