Powered by WPeMatico
- 4 September, 2015 Europe asylum laws face scrutiny in migrant crisis Europe is facing its biggest refugee crisis since World War II, but the response by the 28-member European Union is hamstrung by a web of complicated rules governing asylum seekers. Designed to reassure Europeans worried over any massive influx of immi...
- 13 October, 2015 The Latest: Czech watchdog condemns asylum conditions GENEVA (AP) — The latest news from the wave of refugees and other migrants fleeing Africa, Asia and the Middle East and heading for western Europe. All times local.Powered by WPeMatico
- 12 October, 2015 EU's refugee relocation scheme 'not enough': UN The European Union's current relocation scheme for refugees is "not enough" to address the scope of the problem, the head of the UN refugee agency (UNHCR) said on Monday. UN High Commissioner for Refugees Antonio Guterres said the current EU scheme to share out 160,000 refugees from […]
- 5 November, 2015 Tsipras, visiting Lesbos, says Greece cannot cope with refugees Greece's prime minister conceded on Thursday that the country was unable to cope with the thousands of migrants arriving daily on its shores, just days after saying that he was shamed by Europe's handling of the crisis. Alexis Tsipras was visiting Lesbos the Greek island which has […]
- 17 November, 2015 The Latest: UN rights chief rejects anti-migrant moves ATHENS, Greece (AP) — The latest news as hundreds of thousands make their way across Europe in search of safety and a better life. All times local.Powered by WPeMatico