US general says air strike on MSF’s hospital was a mistake as fighting erupts between the Taliban and Afghan forces.
Powered by WPeMatico
- 29 April, 2016 US: Afghan MSF hospital air strike was not a war crime Pentagon investigation says strike on MSF clinic, which killed 42 people, was a mistake and therefore not a war crime.Powered by WPeMatico
- 25 November, 2015 US says deadly strike on Afghan hospital was avoidable Army general admits human error led to US strike which killed 30 people in Kunduz trauma centre.Powered by WPeMatico
- 6 October, 2015 US says Afghans asked for air strike at Kunduz hospital Head of US forces in Afghanistan promises transparent probe but medical charity MSF demands independent probe.Powered by WPeMatico
- 23 October, 2016 Air strikes, fighting mark end of Aleppo ceasefire Heavy clashes erupt in several areas of Syrian city after 'humanitarian pause' announced by Russia ends.
- 26 May, 2016 Afghan Taliban: Haibatullah Akhunzada named new leader Haibatullah Akhunzada, member of the conservative old guard, to head group whose last leader died in a US drone strike.