Pentagon says 70 hostages were saved from execution during raid on ISIL prison near Hawija, which left US soldier dead.
Powered by WPeMatico
- 23 October, 2015 US-Iraqi forces free 70 captives facing IS 'mass execution' Kurdish and US forces stormed an Islamic State prison in northern Iraq, freeing some 70 captives who were facing imminent execution, the Pentagon said. A US serviceman died of wounds sustained in the pre-dawn operation, the first to be killed in action since the US-led campaign against […]
- 19 September, 2016 Pakistan court stays execution of mentally ill prisoner Suffering from schizophrenia, Imdad Ali saved from the gallows for a week after appeal from rights groups.
- 2 March, 2016 Jordanian forces 'foil ISIL plot' in Irbid raids Security forces kill seven men in northern city of Irbid in series of raids that also left a police officer dead.Powered by WPeMatico
- 22 October, 2016 Somali pirates free hostages held for nearly five years Twenty-six Asian sailors, held captive in a small fishing village since 2012, were released on Saturday.
- 17 September, 2016 Abu Sayyaf frees Norwegian hostage Kjartan Sekkingstad Sekkingstad was released after almost a year in captivity while Canadian hostages were earlier beheaded.