Conservative candidate Mauricio Macri’s strong showing in presidential vote has surprised many analysts.
Powered by WPeMatico
- 25 October, 2015 Argentina votes in polarised presidential elections Country could be headed for its first-ever runoff as pre-election polls suggest no candidate will win outright majority.Powered by WPeMatico
- 23 November, 2015 Conservative Macri wins Argentina's presidential poll Opposition candidate Mauricio Macri defeats Christina Kirchner's preferred leftist successor in run-off vote.Powered by WPeMatico
- 26 October, 2015 Argentina's presidential vote 'headed for runoff' Opposition candidate Mauricio Macri takes a shock early lead over ruling party's Daniel Scioli, partial results show.Powered by WPeMatico
- 19 January, 2016 Violent protests rock Haiti ahead of presidential vote Protesters vow to derail Sunday's runoff vote after candidate accuses electoral authority of backing ruling party.Powered by WPeMatico
- 20 February, 2017 Ruling party candidate leads in Ecuador's presidential vote QUITO, Ecuador (AP) — The hand-picked candidate of socialist President Rafael Correa took the lead in preliminary results from Ecuador's presidential election Sunday, and was just under the threshold needed to win outright and avoid a runoff against his nearest rival.