Civil society groups have been recognised for steering the country towards democracy.
Powered by WPeMatico
- 7 October, 2016 And the Nobel Prize for good intentions goes to… Colombia's Juan Manuel Santos was a safe choice; choosing Syrian rescue workers or Greeks who assist refugees would have been a lot more contentious.
- 13 April, 2016 Palestinians back Marwan Barghouti for Nobel Prize Rights groups and politicians launch campaign to nominate senior Fatah leader serving life term for Nobel Peace award.Powered by WPeMatico
- 20 March, 2013 Rights group to Libya: Stop destroying town TRIPOLI, Libya (AP) — An international rights group on Wednesday urged the Libyan government to halt the "systematic destruction" of a town whose residents backed ousted dictator Moammar Gadhafi during the country's civil war.
- 17 August, 2016 Syria's White Helmets nominated for Nobel Peace Prize Volunteer rescue and humanitarian group that braves daily bombings is credited with saving tens of thousands of people.
- 9 October, 2015 Belarussian Alexievich awarded Nobel literature prize Svetlana Alexievich wins award for work on Soviet women during Second World War and after Chernobyl disaster.Powered by WPeMatico