The bank says global extreme poverty will be in single digits for first time but warns millions still need urgent aid.
Powered by WPeMatico
- 5 October, 2015 Can poverty be eradicated? The World Bank says extreme poverty will fall to less than 10 percent this year.Powered by WPeMatico
- 12 November, 2017 U.S. to promote 'universal access' to fossil fuels at climate talks By Valerie Volcovici WASHINGTON (Reuters) - The United States hopes to promote wider use of fossil fuels at a global meeting on climate change next week, a White House official said, reflecting the gaping divide between Washington and the rest of the ...
- 20 May, 2016 Could superbugs become deadlier than cancer? British researchers warn that drug-resistant bacteria could kill 10 million people a year by 2050.
- 19 January, 2016 China's economic growth slumps to 25-year low World's second-largest economy grew 6.9 percent in 2015 with further declines expected as global tumult continues.Powered by WPeMatico
- 29 January, 2016 Mosquito-borne Zika virus 'spreading explosively' World Health Organization expects infection of up to four million people as agency assesses level of global emergency.Powered by WPeMatico