Despite government intervention to stop employers laying off staff, the number of people without work is growing.
Powered by WPeMatico
- 21 June, 2016 Who's to blame for the worsening refugee crisis? The UN says the number of refugees reached a record high of more than 60 million people last year.
- 10 October, 2015 Can the global march of obesity be stopped? Experts predict a billion people will be obese by 2025, but stopping the crisis may take more than a change in diets.Powered by WPeMatico
- 9 February, 2016 Zimbabwe pleads for cash to stop mass starvation Harare seeking $1.5bn to help save more than a quarter of the population from starving to death, as drought worsens.Powered by WPeMatico
- 7 November, 2015 Burundi leaders warned to stop inciting mass violence Global community condemns President Pierre Nkurunziza's government ahead of a deadline for people to hand in their guns.Powered by WPeMatico
- 9 February, 2016 Turkey and Germany agree on plan to ease refugee crisis Steps unveiled during Merkel's visit include push to halt assault on Syrian city of Aleppo and curb "illegal migration".Powered by WPeMatico