Representatives of the group say they can participate in the peace talks only if their conditions are met.
Powered by WPeMatico
- 26 April, 2016 Taliban: we donâ€™t care if Kabul attends peace talks The group says it has already launched spring attacks against Afghan forces and it is gaining ground in the offensive.Powered by WPeMatico
- 18 May, 2016 'Serious steps' against Taliban on Afghan talks agenda Action against the group currently waging anti-government spring offensive to be considered at Islamabad meeting.
- 6 March, 2016 Taliban: No peace talks until foreign troops gone Promising dialogue suffers blow as armed group restates demands for prisoner release and expulsion of foreign soldiers.Powered by WPeMatico
- 8 April, 2016 Senior Afghan Taliban proposes US talks In a letter, Mullah Abdul Qayyum Zakir calls on the Taliban leadership to negotiate with the US and Western governments.Powered by WPeMatico
- 6 September, 2016 Afghanistan: Pamlarena siege ends in Kabul Taliban claims responsibility for an attack on a building housing an international aid group in the Afghan capital.