One former journalist has renounced his Australian citizenship and is creating an independent indigenous nation.
Powered by WPeMatico
- 3 December, 2015 Australia to strip citizenship from terror suspects CANBERRA, Australia (AP) — Australia has enacted laws that enable dual national suspected terrorists to be stripped of their Australian citizenship.Powered by WPeMatico
- 22 February, 2016 Standoff ends between doctors and Australian government CANBERRA, Australia (AP) — A 1-year-old baby of an asylum-seeking family from Nepal was discharged from an Australian hospital on Monday, ending a 10-day standoff between medical staff and the government over whether she should be sent back with her parents to the Pacific island […]
- 19 February, 2016 New Zealand offers to take Australia's unwanted refugees SYDNEY (AP) — New Zealand's prime minister said Friday his country was prepared to accept some asylum seekers Australia has sent to detention camps on impoverished Pacific island nations, though there appeared to be little chance Australia would take up the offer.Powered by WPeMatico
- 13 February, 2016 Saudi romantic comedy creates buzz at Berlin film fest Independent filmmakers from Jeddah get a warm reception at Berlinale for their movie Barakah Meets Barakah.Powered by WPeMatico
- 23 August, 2015 Australian PM to spend week with remote Aboriginal communities Australian Prime Minister Tony Abbott on Sunday kicked off a one-week stay with indigenous communities in the country's north as he sought to boost development and jobs in the sparsely populated region. Abbott vowed to be the "prime minister for Aboriginal affairs" before he was elected […]