Hundreds living alone in camp in northern France are waiting to find out if they can be reunited with their families.
Powered by WPeMatico
- 1 February, 2018 Meeting Israelis for the first time, Palestinians ask: How do you feel living in our homes? Conversations with Palestinians who can never go home again, forays to deserted tourist sites in Amman and a visit to a refugee camp. A quick trip to Jordan
- 12 February, 2016 France to evict 1000 refugees from Calais 'Jungle' camp Top official announces plan to move out those who live in tents and "give Calais an image that isn't dignified".Powered by WPeMatico
- 12 November, 2015 France's 'Jungle' migrant camp begins transformation Work started Thursday in the migrant camp known as the "Jungle" near the northern French port of Calais to build improved accommodation for 1,500 people, according to AFP journalists at the scene. Around 500 people were moved to a temporary zone with 10-man tents provided by French […]
- 1 March, 2016 Macedonia hits refugees with tear gas, stun grenades Frustrated refugees in overflowing Greek camp destroy barrier along border, while police in France dismantle a camp.Powered by WPeMatico
- 10 March, 2016 EU urges member states to take '6,000 refugees a month' EU calls states to take 6,000 refugees a month as thousands endure harsh conditions in camp on Greece's northern border.Powered by WPeMatico