RIYADH, Saudi Arabia (AP) — Chinese President Xi Jinping has arrived in Saudi Arabia for a two-day visit as part of a Middle East tour that will include stops in Egypt and Iran.
- 19 January, 2016 Chinese president in Saudi Arabia to boost profile Chinese President Xi Jinping arrived in Saudi Arabia on Tuesday, the first stop on an unprecedented trip to raise the economic giant's profile in a troubled region. The official Saudi Press Agency confirmed his arrival. Tensions between regional powerhouses Saudi Arabia and Iran reached […]
- 8 November, 2013 UN launches polio vaccination campaign in Mideast GENEVA (AP) — The United Nations says a massive campaign to vaccinate children in the Middle East against polio has begun after the first cases in 14 years were confirmed in northeastern Syria last week.
- 21 January, 2016 Xi signs Egypt deals as China looks to boost Mideast clout Chinese President Xi Jinping announced Thursday billions of dollars in special loans and investments in the Middle East as Beijing seeks to boost its economic ties and clout in the region. Xi offered China's financial support in an address to the Cairo-based Arab League after holding […]
- 9 September, 2014 US, Mideast envoys to meet in Saudi Arabia RIYADH, Saudi Arabia (AP) — Saudi Arabia says it will host a meeting later this week, bringing together the United States and several Middle East countries to discuss terrorism in the region.
- 20 March, 2013 Obama set to plunge into roiling Mideast waters JERUSALEM (AP) — President Barack Obama is plunging into the turbulent Middle East on a mission aimed primarily at assuring America's top ally in the region and its friends back home that it will not be forsaken amid bitter domestic political squabbles and budget crises in Washington.