Experts who assess possibility of apocalypse on symbolic clock say world is as close to doomsday as last year.
Powered by WPeMatico
- 25 January, 2018 Two minutes to annihilation: ‘Doomsday Clock’ ticks for the second time since Trump’s election Scientists moved the symbolic clock ahead by half a minute, saying the world is at its closest to annihilation since the height of the Cold War
- 19 January, 2016 Scientists seek ways to block 'Armageddon asteroids' US and European experts seek trial run at deflecting asteroids on potentially dangerous orbital paths.Powered by WPeMatico
- 10 May, 2016 Study reveals plant extinctions and new discoveries New report marking first-ever assessment of global flora calls for radical action to protect world's plants.Powered by WPeMatico
- 29 January, 2016 Mosquito-borne Zika virus 'spreading explosively' World Health Organization expects infection of up to four million people as agency assesses level of global emergency.Powered by WPeMatico
- 21 February, 2016 Polls close in Niger amid tight security Issoufou seeking re-election amid claims of political crackdown and threat of armed groups from neighbouring states.Powered by WPeMatico