Refugees who arrive on Greek islands by boat would be returned to Turkey almost immediately under Labour Party proposal.
Powered by WPeMatico
- 19 March, 2016 Turkey and EU reach landmark deal on refugees Controversial agreement means that any refugees arriving on Greek shores from Sunday would be sent back to Turkey.Powered by WPeMatico
- 29 October, 2015 Coast guard rescues 242 after boat capsizes near Lesbos ATHENS, Greece (AP) — At least 11 migrants died in the eastern Aegean Sea Wednesday in five separate incidents, including a large shipwreck from which 242 others were rescued by the Greek coast guard.Powered by WPeMatico
- 31 August, 2015 Greek coast guard picks up nearly 2,500 migrants in 3 days ATHENS, Greece (AP) — Greece's coast guard picked up nearly 2,500 migrants from the sea in dozens of search and rescue operations, part of a relentless flow of people seeking the safety of Europe after facing war and poverty in the Middle East, Africa and Asia.
- 2 December, 2015 Refugee boats to Greece persist despite winterâ€™s chill Numbers of arrivals to Lesbos have decreased, but more than 1,000 refugees and migrants still travel to island each day.Powered by WPeMatico
- 29 October, 2015 Greek coastguard plucks over 200 refugees as boat sinks Two small boys and a man were found drowned as an extensive search under way for survivors near island of Lesbos.Powered by WPeMatico