BUDAPEST, Hungary (AP) — The International Swimming Federation on Sunday named Fukuoka, Japan, to host the 2021 world aquatics championships, while Doha, the capital of Qatar, was chosen to host the event in 2023.
- 28 August, 2017 Putin visits Hungary for judo competition, energy talks BUDAPEST, Hungary (AP) — Russian President Vladimir Putin was in Hungary for the second time this year on Monday, attending the World Judo Championships in Budapest and discussing mutual energy interests with his Hungarian counterpart.
- 12 November, 2017 U.S. to promote 'universal access' to fossil fuels at climate talks By Valerie Volcovici WASHINGTON (Reuters) - The United States hopes to promote wider use of fossil fuels at a global meeting on climate change next week, a White House official said, reflecting the gaping divide between Washington and the rest of the ...
- 7 April, 2016 UAE stripped of endurance worlds over horse welfare concern LAUSANNE, Switzerland (AP) — The International Equestrian Federation has stripped the United Arab Emirates of hosting the endurance world championships in December over horse welfare concerns.
- 6 November, 2017 Trump warns time for 'patience' on N. Korea is over The time for "strategic patience" with North Korea is over, US President Donald Trump warned Monday, after winning Japan's backing for his policy of considering all options to rein in the rogue state. Trump described the North's nuclear programme as "...
- 16 October, 2016 Fierce heat, lack of fans overshadow Doha worlds Fierce heat and sparse crowds have overshadowed the first world road race championships to be hosted in the Middle East as riders act as guinea pigs in a groundbreaking trial to test the impact of extreme heat on performance. The eight-day championship culminates with Sunday's blue […]