Additional $15bn needed yearly in humanitarian financing for 125 million people affected by wars and natural disasters.
Powered by WPeMatico
- 7 September, 2015 Obama administration weighing range of responses to refugee crisis: spokesman WASHINGTON (Reuters) - The Obama administration is considering a range of approaches in response to the global refugee crisis including with regard to refugee resettlement, a White House spokesman said on Monday. "We are also in regular contact with co...
- 21 June, 2016 Who's to blame for the worsening refugee crisis? The UN says the number of refugees reached a record high of more than 60 million people last year.
- 23 August, 2016 Syria war: Aleppo's civilians face humanitarian crisis Residents and activists in Syrian city say supplies are scarce and aerial bombardment of civilian areas is unrelenting.
- 8 November, 2015 Germany's capacity to take in refugees is limited, Schaeuble says Germany needs to send a message to the world that it's reaching the limit of its capacity to help Europe's flood of migrants, German Finance Minister Wolfgang Schaeuble said on Sunday, as he advocated restricting family reunions for Syrian refugees. Germany has become a magnet for people […]
- 22 June, 2016 'Nearly 200 refugees die of starvation' in Nigeria camp MSF says "a catastrophic humanitarian emergency" is unfolding at a camp in Bama, where 24,000 people have taken refuge.