Greek migration minister dismisses hardline EU migration policies, including a proposal to build a camp for refugees.
Powered by WPeMatico
- 10 March, 2016 EU urges member states to take '6,000 refugees a month' EU calls states to take 6,000 refugees a month as thousands endure harsh conditions in camp on Greece's northern border.Powered by WPeMatico
- 5 October, 2015 EU finance ministers approve Greek 'to-do' list EU members finish deciding on dozens of reforms to be implemented by Greece to unlock $96bn loan deal.Powered by WPeMatico
- 26 October, 2015 Greece readies rent assistance plan as migrant numbers grow IDOMENI, Greece (AP) — Greece's government on Monday said it is preparing a rent-assistance program to help the growing number of migrants in the country who are faced with the oncoming winter and mounting resistance against their arrival elsewhere in Europe.Powered by WPeMatico
- 12 November, 2015 Greece says only way to stem migrant flow is through Turkey Greece on Thursday said the only effective way to stem a flow of refugees and migrants to Europe from the Middle East and beyond was through Turkey, one of the first points of arrival for thousands after fleeing their homes. Greek Prime Minister Alexis Tsipras, attending an EU summit in […]
- 12 October, 2015 EU's refugee relocation scheme 'not enough': UN The European Union's current relocation scheme for refugees is "not enough" to address the scope of the problem, the head of the UN refugee agency (UNHCR) said on Monday. UN High Commissioner for Refugees Antonio Guterres said the current EU scheme to share out 160,000 refugees from […]