As the city’s traditionally liberal identity is challenged, we meet those on the right who stand to gain.
Powered by WPeMatico
- 12 August, 2016 Is Turkey undergoing a shift in foreign policy? Ankara has held high level meetings with leaders from Russia and Iran within the space of a week.
- 9 June, 2016 How powerful is the Bilderberg group? The secretive Bilderberg organisation is holding its annual meeting in the German city of Dresden.
- 22 October, 2015 German police warn of racist attacks on pro-refugee politicians By Madeline Chambers BERLIN (Reuters) - German police warned on Thursday of a growing risk of racially motivated attacks on politicians by right-wing radicals angry about an influx of migrants and said crimes directed at refugee shelters were rising dramatically. The warning came five […]
- 19 October, 2015 Pro-refugee candidate elected Cologne mayor after knife attack A German city official who was stabbed in the neck in an attack apparently over her work with refugees was Sunday elected the first female mayor of the western city of Cologne. Henriette Reker, who was in stable condition in hospital after being seriously injured in Saturday's assault, […]
- 18 October, 2015 Merkel heads to Turkey over migrant crisis German Chancellor Angela Merkel was due in Istanbul Sunday to press Turkey to stem the flow of migrants into Europe, a day after a German mayoral candidate was seriously wounded in a "racist" stabbing. On Saturday, Merkel expressed "shock" over the attack in the western city of Cologne […]