Wave of protests put Tunisia’s government under unprecedented pressure to deliver on the youth’s aspirations.
Powered by WPeMatico
- 23 January, 2016 Tunisia PM appeals for 'patience' after street protests Habib Essid's plea comes after an emergency cabinet meeting following wave of violent protests over unemployment.Powered by WPeMatico
- 12 March, 2016 Iraqi cleric Muqtada al-Sadr calls for Baghdad sit-in Muqtada al-Sadr calls for sit-in at gates of Baghdad's heavily fortified Green Zone to pressure PM to deliver reforms.Powered by WPeMatico
- 23 January, 2016 Hopes of a better life in Tunisia hang by a thread Activists who had risked their lives in 2010 revolution are losing hope for brighter future amid major economic crisis.Powered by WPeMatico
- 25 January, 2016 Can Egyptians recover their 'lost' revolution? Five years ago, Egyptians took to the streets in the hope of putting an end to decades of dictatorship.Powered by WPeMatico
- 7 November, 2015 In Protesting Against Israel, Youth in Gaza Also Defy Hamas The Islamist group, which governs Gaza, said it could not allow violence against Israel because it had agreed to a truce that ended last summer’s war.Powered by WPeMatico