Israelis enter Hebron homes sparking clashes

An Israeli settler fixes an Israeli flag on the roof of a building after dozens of settlers entered two homes in a building in the centre of the Palestinian city of Hebron, on January 21, 2016Dozens of Israeli Jews entered two buildings in the centre of the Palestinian city of Hebron on Thursday, sparking violent clashes over disputed ownership claims, witnesses said. "A group of dozens of settlers accompanied by rabbis broke into a building on Shuhada Street,” Jawad Abu Eisheh, an activist with the local Youth Against Settlements group, told AFP. Shlomo Levinger, a settler in one of the buildings, told AFP they housed apartments and stores.


Related Posts

  • Israelis move into contested West Bank home29 March, 2012 Israelis move into contested West Bank home Israeli settlers have moved into a contested home in a building in the Palestinian West Bank city of Hebron, residents and Israeli security forces said on Thursday.
  • Palestinian family petitions Israel’s top court to evacuate settlers from Hebron home8 August, 2017 Palestinian family petitions Israel’s top court to evacuate settlers from Hebron home Palestinian family Abu Rajab claims the Machpelah House in Hebron was illegally sold to several Jewish families who broke in two weeks ago and stayed
  • Palestinians condemn Israel bill to legalise settler homes14 November, 2016 Palestinians condemn Israel bill to legalise settler homes Palestinian leaders on Monday denounced an Israeli bill to legalise several thousand Jewish homes in the occupied West Bank, vowing to take up the issue at the UN Security Council. The settler bill had been pushed forward by Education Minister Naftali Bennett of the hardline Jewish Home […]
  • Egypt: No deal yet on Gaza cease-fire, more talks18 August, 2014 Egypt: No deal yet on Gaza cease-fire, more talks CAIRO (AP) — Egypt late Monday announced a 24-hour extension in talks between Israel and the Hamas militant group aimed at salvaging a long-term arrangement that would allow reconstruction of the Gaza Strip following a monthlong war that killed more than 2,000 people.
  • Israeli court orders settlers out of Hebron house23 April, 2012 Israeli court orders settlers out of Hebron house An Israeli court has ordered a group of Jewish settlers to leave a house in the southern West Bank city of Hebron after ruling that their claim to ownership was false, court documents showed.

Leave a Reply

Read the original at Middle East News Headlines - Yahoo! News.