World Health Organization expects infection of up to four million people as agency assesses level of global emergency.
Powered by WPeMatico
- 12 November, 2017 U.S. to promote 'universal access' to fossil fuels at climate talks By Valerie Volcovici WASHINGTON (Reuters) - The United States hopes to promote wider use of fossil fuels at a global meeting on climate change next week, a White House official said, reflecting the gaping divide between Washington and the rest of the ...
- 1 February, 2016 WHO declares Zika virus global health emergency Zika virus explosion "extraordinary" and constitutes a global public health emergency, World Health Organization says.Powered by WPeMatico
- 25 January, 2016 WHO: Zika virus to spread to much of Americas World Health Organization foresees outbreak of mosquito-borne virus throughout the Americas, prompting travel warnings.Powered by WPeMatico
- 11 February, 2016 How can we stop the spread of superbugs? Scientists estimate that by 2050, drug-resistant bacterial infections could kill as many as 10 million people a year.Powered by WPeMatico
- 10 May, 2016 Study reveals plant extinctions and new discoveries New report marking first-ever assessment of global flora calls for radical action to protect world's plants.Powered by WPeMatico