Women’s rights activists condemn municipal scholarship programme that awards young women for remaining virgins.
Powered by WPeMatico
- 17 June, 2016 South Africa: 'Virgin bursaries' ruled unconstitutional Government commission declares "virgin scholarship" scheme in a municipality of KwaZulu-Natal province unconstitutional.
- 29 August, 2016 S Africa: Black students protest 'racist' hair rules Teachers at South African high school accused of racism for forcing black girls to follow a discriminatory hair code.
- 8 December, 2016 Religious girls’ school rabbi suspected of raping 14-year-old During remand extension hearing, suspect's lawyer asks whether the complainant was a virgin at the time, noting 'It's well known that religious women who marry at such a young age find a way to excuse their loss of virginity.'
- 5 November, 2015 Mexico court allows recreational use of marijuana Court grants activists permission to grow and smoke their own pot and paves way for legalisation of marijuana.Powered by WPeMatico
- 15 June, 2016 Jewish settlers granted new East Jerusalem building The municipal approval is the latest case of what Palestinians call efforts to push them out of their own neighbourhood.