The former Israeli president complains of feeling pressure in his chest, but remains conscious.
- 23 July, 2015 Palestinian killed by IDF fire during arrest operation IDF and Palestinians provide differing account of incident in which 53-year-old was shot dead in West Bank during arrest operation.
- 1 July, 2015 Second Temple-era ritual bath found under house Couple from Ein Kerem in Jerusalem discovered during renovations that a 2,000-year-old mikveh was right underneath their floors, giving credence to theory that there was a Jewish settlement at the site.
- 14 January, 2016 Shimon Peres hospitalized for possible cardiovascular event Former prime minister and president, 92, receiving treatment after complaining of chest pain; said to be fully conscious.
- 21 November, 2013 Israeli Officials: Kerry unfamiliar with substance of talks Diplomatic officials say Kerry not knowledgeable on topic of Iranian issue, causing to 'lose fight for this round of talks'. Head analyst believes Israeli pressure will influence final agreement
- 19 June, 2013 Gaza rocket lands in Palestinian territory Siren sounds in Ashkelon area as world leaders, celebrities are gathered in Jerusalem for Peres' birthday; rocket lands in Gaza