After UN probe into the countryâ€™s civil war, Maithripala Sirisena downplays allegations as “human rights violations”.
Powered by WPeMatico
- 6 February, 2016 UN rights chief visits Sri Lanka over war crimes probe UN official to examine progress of country's probe into atrocities amid concerns of lack of push for accountability.Powered by WPeMatico
- 20 September, 2016 UN probe finds 'gross human rights abuses' in Burundi UN probe team draws up lists of suspects behind alleged human rights violations amounting to crimes against humanity.
- 8 December, 2015 Saudi to consider appeal against stoning of maid: Sri Lanka foreign ministry By Ranga Sirilal COLOMBO (Thomson Reuters Foundation) - Saudi authorities have agreed to consider an appeal against the sentence of death by stoning imposed on a 45-year-old Sri Lankan maid for adultery, Sri Lanka's deputy foreign minister said on Tuesday, welcoming the decision as a […]
- 19 March, 2016 UN probing possible "international crimes" in Yemen UN human rights chief says looking into the possible commission of crimes by Saudi-led coalition fighting in Yemen.Powered by WPeMatico
- 1 May, 2016 Syria's civil war: Qatar seeks end to Aleppo onslaught Qatar calls for emergency session while opposition group labels Assad government's onslaught "crimes against humanity".Powered by WPeMatico