Up to 80,000 rejected asylum seekers are expected to be deported from Sweden over several years, says minister.
Powered by WPeMatico
- 28 January, 2016 Sweden: 80,000 could be expelled after refugee influx Authorities prepare to deport tens of thousands with failed asylum claims after record 163,000 applications last year.Powered by WPeMatico
- 2 October, 2015 Finland raises 2015 forecast for asylum seekers to 50,000 Finland on Friday raised its estimate for the number of asylum-seekers expected to reach the country this year to about 50,000 from 30,000 previously, after a heightened influx in September. Drawn by an existing Iraqi community in Finland and eased asylum criteria, thousands of Iraqi […]
- 21 December, 2013 Eritrean ambassador attacked by dissident Eritreans More than 50 Eritreans arrested for violently attacking their countrymen, ambassador during a conference held in Kinneret. Later Saturday, community held protest together with other asylum seekers; two arrested
- 14 June, 2016 Unaccompanied child asylum seeker numbers soar in EU Most of the minors who have crossed the Mediterranean to Italy this year were unaccompanied by adults, UNICEF says.
- 16 December, 2016 Afghan asylum seekers sent home fear deportations will add to chaos By Noori Zabihullah LONDON (Thomson Reuters Foundation) - Afghan asylum seekers sent back home this week under a deal negotiated with the European Union fear their forced deportations will prompt other migrants to try to bypass the rules, fuelling chao...