Up to 80,000 rejected asylum seekers are expected to be deported from Sweden over several years, says minister.
Powered by WPeMatico
- 4 March, 2018 Israel to deport LGBT asylum seekers to Rwanda, Uganda despite likely persecution Although gays and lesbians are persecuted by their countrymen in Israel, their situation is much better than what they can expect in Uganda or Rwanda
- 6 February, 2018 These African asylum seekers came to Israel alone as kids. Now they could face deportation: ‘Israel is part of who I am’ Some 350 African asylum seekers arrived in Israel as unaccompanied minors. Yet even though they go to Israeli schools, speak fluent Hebrew and see the Jewish state as their home, they face the threat of expulsion back to a continent they once fled
- 28 January, 2016 Sweden: 80,000 could be expelled after refugee influx Authorities prepare to deport tens of thousands with failed asylum claims after record 163,000 applications last year.Powered by WPeMatico
- 2 October, 2015 Finland raises 2015 forecast for asylum seekers to 50,000 Finland on Friday raised its estimate for the number of asylum-seekers expected to reach the country this year to about 50,000 from 30,000 previously, after a heightened influx in September. Drawn by an existing Iraqi community in Finland and eased asylum criteria, thousands of Iraqi […]
- 21 December, 2013 Eritrean ambassador attacked by dissident Eritreans More than 50 Eritreans arrested for violently attacking their countrymen, ambassador during a conference held in Kinneret. Later Saturday, community held protest together with other asylum seekers; two arrested