Delegates of Syria’s main opposition bloc say they will leave if “crimes” by Syria’s government persist.
Powered by WPeMatico
- 30 January, 2016 Syria opposition delegation arrives for Geneva talks Main opposition group arrives in Switzerland but wants humanitarian issues addressed before it will talk politics.Powered by WPeMatico
- 18 April, 2016 Syrian rebels postpone participation in Geneva talks Opposition delegation asks UN envoy to pause formal negotiations until government is "serious" about transition.Powered by WPeMatico
- 29 May, 2016 Syria negotiator Alloush quits over failure of UN talks Chief peace negotiator of main opposition bloc Mohammad Alloush resigns over failure of peace talks to end Syria war.
- 14 April, 2016 Syrian opposition offers power-sharing with regime Main opposition bloc willing to create transitional body with current government members, but not President Assad.Powered by WPeMatico
- 29 January, 2016 Syria's opposition sets conditions to join Geneva talks Main opposition group to come to Geneva "not to negotiate" but to talk to UN officials after receiving reassurances.Powered by WPeMatico