Students and teachers defy daily threat of violence as UNICEF says one in every four schools has been destroyed.
Powered by WPeMatico
- 20 September, 2013 Child labor rising among Lebanon’s Syria refugees: UNICEF By Erika Solomon BEIRUT (Reuters) - Syrian refugees in Lebanon are becoming increasingly reliant on child labor to earn money for families now desperate to maintain basic necessities, the director of the United Nations children's agency said. Unlike ot...
- 24 September, 2016 'Ferocious' air strikes pummel Aleppo as ground gained UNICEF says nearly two million people without water as jets continue pounding Aleppo and Syrian army advances.
- 27 April, 2016 Immigration puts Swedish schools to the test Sweden's schools were already struggling with demoralised teachers and declining test scores before the arrival of masses of young migrants whose needs have put unprecedented strain on the system. The Swedish school system already faces major challenges including an acute shortage of […]
- 29 August, 2016 S Africa: Black students protest 'racist' hair rules Teachers at South African high school accused of racism for forcing black girls to follow a discriminatory hair code.
- 23 October, 2015 Two killed in Sweden school stabbing attack Masked man armed with sword in western town of Trollhattan kills teacher and student, before being shot dead.Powered by WPeMatico