SANAA, Yemen (AP) — The lifeless body of Yemen's top Salafi cleric in the southern port city of Aden was found disfigured on Sunday hours after he was abducted following an anti-extremism sermon, security officials told The Associated Press.
- 20 April, 2015 Bombs shatter houses in Yemen capital, hit near Iran Embassy SANAA, Yemen (AP) — Saudi-led airstrikes hit weapons caches held by Iran-backed Shiite rebels, touching off massive explosions Monday in Yemen's capital that killed at least 19 people and buried scores of others under the rubble of flattened homes.
- 17 June, 2018 Witnesses: Coalition strikes airport in Yemen's Hodeida SANAA, Yemen (AP) — The Saudi-led coalition fighting Shiite rebels in Yemen carried out airstrikes on the airport in the rebel-held port city of Hodeida, witnesses said on Sunday, as fighting raged on for the fifth day in the port city that's a lifeline to most of Yemen's population.
- 27 March, 2015 Warships move in key strait as airstrikes widen in Yemen SANAA, Yemen (AP) — As airstrikes in Yemen intensified on their second day Friday, Egypt and Saudi Arabia were considering an intervention on the ground, aimed at giving the president a secure foothold to return to the country, while backing Sunni tribesmen to fight against Shiite […]
- 6 October, 2013 German embassy employee shot dead outside store in Yemen By Mohamed Ghobari SANAA (Reuters) - Gunmen shot dead a German security guard employed by the German embassy in Yemen's capital on Sunday as he was leaving a supermarket, Yemeni security officials said, in an attack they said bore the hallmarks of al Qaeda. The man was gunned down in […]
- 26 March, 2015 Turmoil in Yemen escalates as Saudi Arabia bombs rebels SANAA, Yemen (AP) — The turmoil in Yemen grew into a regional conflict Thursday, with Saudi Arabia and its allies bombing Shiite rebels allied with Iran, while Egyptian officials said a ground assault will follow the airstrikes.