U.S. military says two more civilians killed, four hurt in air strikes

The U.S. military said on Friday two civilians were likely killed and four others wounded in air strikes against Islamic State targets in Iraq and Syria between July 4 and July 17, 2015. It was only the fourth time since the start of the U.S.-led air campaign against Islamic State in 2014 that the U.S. military’s Central Command has disclosed civilian casualties following its internal investigations.

Related Posts

  • New wave of US air strikes in Syria27 September, 2014 New wave of US air strikes in Syria Washington (AFP) - US aircraft have launched a fresh wave of bombing raids against Islamic State militants in Syria, in the fifth consecutive day of air strikes in the country, a defense official told AFP on Friday.
  • Several hundred march in London against Iraq air strikes4 October, 2014 Several hundred march in London against Iraq air strikes London (AFP) - Several hundred people marched in central London on Saturday to protest Britain's involvement in US-led air strikes against Islamic State (IS) group targets in Iraq.
  • Air strikes killed 14 civilians in Iraq, Syria: U.S. military28 July, 2016 Air strikes killed 14 civilians in Iraq, Syria: U.S. military Six U.S. air strikes against al Qaeda and Islamic State targets in Iraq and Syria killed 14 civilians and injured another between July 28 last year and April 29 this year, the U.S. military said on Thursday. The strikes took place against Khorasan Grou...
  • Eight more civilians killed in 2015 anti-IS strikes: US15 January, 2016 Eight more civilians killed in 2015 anti-IS strikes: US Eight civilians were killed and three others injured in air strikes carried out from April to July of last year against Islamic State targets in Iraq and Syria, the US military said Friday. US Central Command (CENTCOM), which oversees operations in the...
  • US general said Mosul battle could last months19 October, 2016 US general said Mosul battle could last months WASHINGTON (AP) — The fight for Mosul, launched this week by Iraqi security forces supported by U.S. air power and advisers, could take months and is likely to feature periods of fierce combat, the commander of U.S. forces in the Middle East said Wednesday.

Leave a Reply

Read the original at Middle East News Headlines - Yahoo! News.