LONDON (AP) — Britain's political opposition says the government should stop arms exports to Saudi Arabia until it investigates United Nations claims that civilians in Yemen are being targeted by a Saudi-led coalition.
- 5 June, 2017 Arab nations cut ties with Qatar, saying it backs terror DUBAI, United Arab Emirates (AP) — Saudi Arabia and three Arab countries severed ties to Qatar on Monday and moved to cut off land, sea and air routes to the energy-rich nation that is home to a major U.S. military base, accusing it of supporting regional terror groups.
- 11 February, 2015 Region feels ripples from Yemen’s turmoil as embassies close SANAA, Yemen (AP) — As Western diplomats and staff fled Yemen on Wednesday, concern widened over the increasing turmoil in the impoverished nation, with Saudi Arabia arming loyal tribesmen across its southern border and Egypt readying a military unit to intervene if needed.
- 20 December, 2017 Saudi Arabia says it will allow food and fuel shipments into Yemen after UK criticism Saudi Arabia yesterday declared it will keep open a vital port in war-ravaged Yemen to ease the humanitarian crisis, following pressure from Britain. The kingdom said the Houthi rebel-controlled port of Hodeidah would remain open to humanitarian and commercial ships for a month, despite […]
- 10 July, 2017 U.K. arms sales to Saudi Arabia ruled lawful by London’s High Court Court rejected an order to block export licences for British-made bombs, fighter jets and other munitions to Saudi-led Arab coalition fighting in Yemen's civil war
- 18 October, 2013 Saudi Arabia Rejects Seat on U.N. Security Council and Confuses Everyone On Thursday, the 193 countries making up the U.N. General Assembly held a secret ballot to select new members of the Security Council. Each year, the Assembly elects five new countries to serve two-year rotating posts; competition is keen, and countrie...