As talks get under way, the PYDâ€™s leader is staying in Geneva waiting for an invitation that seems unlikely to come.
Powered by WPeMatico
- 26 January, 2016 UN invitations to Syria talks spark controversy Kurdish PYD leader says his faction not yet invited to take part in negotiations scheduled to start on Friday.Powered by WPeMatico
- 4 November, 2015 UN Syria envoy travels to Moscow for Syria peace talks Staffan de Mistura to meet Russian Foreign Minister as Moscow says it has invited regime and rebel groups for talks.Powered by WPeMatico
- 31 January, 2016 Why the Syria talks remind me of the Oslo process Unless the imbalance of power behind the Syria talks is rectified, Geneva is doomed to fail just like Oslo.Powered by WPeMatico
- 13 April, 2016 Syrian opposition: Regime using pretexts to avoid talks Opposition leader says government flouting UN resolutions as Geneva talks get underway amid fresh fighting in Aleppo.Powered by WPeMatico
- 30 January, 2016 Syria opposition delegation arrives for Geneva talks Main opposition group arrives in Switzerland but wants humanitarian issues addressed before it will talk politics.Powered by WPeMatico