World Health Organization foresees outbreak of mosquito-borne virus throughout the Americas, prompting travel warnings.
Powered by WPeMatico
- 29 January, 2016 Mosquito-borne Zika virus 'spreading explosively' World Health Organization expects infection of up to four million people as agency assesses level of global emergency.Powered by WPeMatico
- 1 February, 2016 WHO declares Zika virus global health emergency Zika virus explosion "extraordinary" and constitutes a global public health emergency, World Health Organization says.Powered by WPeMatico
- 16 January, 2016 Zika virus cases spread in Latin America, Caribbean Ecuador and Haiti report new cases of the mosquito-borne virus as Brazil directs funds for vaccine development.Powered by WPeMatico
- 12 June, 2009 Israel Prepared as WHO Declares Swine Flu Pandemic The World Health Organization has officially declared the worldwide outbreak of the H1N1 virus, “swine flu,” to be a pandemic.
- 17 June, 2014 WHO warns of Mideast virus threat to pilgrims GENEVA (AP) — Efforts to prevent the spread of a dangerous virus need to be stepped up ahead of the start of the Muslim pilgrimage season, when millions of people from all over the world will travel to Saudi Arabia, the World Health Organization said Tuesday.