Unless the imbalance of power behind the Syria talks is rectified, Geneva is doomed to fail just like Oslo.
Powered by WPeMatico
- 30 January, 2016 UN snubs most powerful Kurdish group at Geneva talks As talks get under way, the PYDâ€™s leader is staying in Geneva waiting for an invitation that seems unlikely to come.Powered by WPeMatico
- 24 March, 2016 Can the US and Russia forge a grand bargain in Syria? As government and opposition fail to make progress at talks, many say it falls to US and Russia to push things forward.Powered by WPeMatico
- 12 April, 2016 Surge of clashes in Syria on eve of Geneva peace talks Fresh offensive by Assad forces may break down truce, which has largely been holding since February.Powered by WPeMatico
- 15 March, 2016 Putin orders troop withdrawal from Syria Hours after peace talks resume in Geneva, Putin orders withdrawal of main Russian force, declaring goals achieved.Powered by WPeMatico
- 3 February, 2016 Syria peace talks plunged into new crisis Opposition sets conditions for return to Geneva negotiations after UN envoy declares talks' suspension till February 25.Powered by WPeMatico