Syrian rebels fight for their survival as government forces move in on the city, backed by Russian air strikes.
Powered by WPeMatico
- 30 April, 2016 Syria's civil war: Opposition condemns Aleppo onslaught Syrian National Coalition condemns air strikes by government forces on city's rebel-held areas as death toll mounts.Powered by WPeMatico
- 12 November, 2016 Syria conflict: Aleppo rebels pushed back by Assad’s forces Government forces retake areas of the city of Aleppo that were lost to rebels in recent fighting.
- 3 May, 2016 Syria's civil war: Efforts intensify to protect Aleppo Hundreds killed in recent days as rebels and government forces battle for control of northern city and its outskirts.Powered by WPeMatico
- 25 December, 2017 Iranian-backed militias moving closer to Israel Syrian army forces, backed by Iranian-backed militias, push deeper into rebel-held enclave near Israel and Lebanon border.
- 10 August, 2016 UN appeals for urgent aid access to Syria's Aleppo The United Nations has called for urgent aid access to Aleppo, warning that civilians are at grave risk from severe water shortages and disease after fighting intensified for Syria's second city. Fears are growing for trapped civilians ahead of what is expected to be an all-out battle […]