Amid mounting crisis, process begins of validating signatures of those backing petition for referendum to remove Maduro.
- 23 August, 2016 Venezuela civil servants face sack over referendum President Nicolas Maduro gives ministries 48 hours to dismiss public workers who signed a petition for his recall.
- 22 September, 2016 Venezuela: No recall vote for Nicolas Maduro in 2016 Electoral authority rules that a referendum to remove President Nicolas Maduro cannot be held this year.
- 12 May, 2016 Pressure mounts on Venezuela's President Nicolas Maduro Opposition parties stage marches in effort to step up campaign to topple President Nicolas Maduro via recall referendum.
- 19 May, 2016 Protests intensify against Venezuela's Maduro Tear gas fired and four arrests made in Caracas during rallies demanding passage of referendum to remove the president.
- 8 June, 2016 Anti-Maduro protests in Caracas, Venezuela Venezuela’s opposition cleared its first hurdle Tuesday in its uphill race to call a referendum on removing President Nicolas Maduro, whom it blames for driving the country to the brink of collapse. After weeks of pressuring the National Electoral Board (CNE) to allow the […]